Goals and Initiatives
Goal: By 2020, the TCS community will use clear and consistent language to communicate who we are, who we serve, what we do, and why we exist.
- Develop accurate and informative materials to communicate who we are, who we serve, what we do, and why we exist.
- Educate all stakeholders in the use of the new materials.
- Define role of faculty in delivering transformative education and create a cultivation and training plan for next generation of faculty to ensure the legacy of current teaching methodology.
Goal: By 2020, Touchstone will have strengthened our commitment to and our understanding of all facets of diversity in our community.
- Engage in an ongoing process of meaningful reflection and self-study regarding inclusivity, equity, access, and diversity of cultures.
- Develop and begin to implement a Diversity Strategic Plan.
Goal: By 2020, TCS will create a vibrant and growing community within Touchstone, will strengthen ties with its extended community, and will engage the wider world through community outreach.
- Develop, strengthen and nurture our sense of community within our current and extended TCS family.
- Develop and sustain community outreach programs.
Goal: By 2020, TCS will develop a pedagogical model of the Touchstone experience, which can be adopted by other institutions.
- Define and develop the pedagogical model of transformative education.
- Create and implement deliverable experiences to apply the principles of transformative education in business and educational settings.
Goal: By 2020, TCS will have defined an effective leadership structure that is aligned with the mission and values of the school.
- Research, define and develop models of leadership and decision making that are aligned with our mission and values.
- Implement our chosen leadership and decision-making model.
- Implement Independent School Management (ISM) recommendation of a fully profiled Board.
- Conduct periodic reviews of health and stability of TCS using measurable and consistent assessment tools (i.e., ISM Markers, head review, parent survey, etc.
Plant & Facilities
Goal: By 2020, TCS will have a land use and facilities plan (Campus Master Plan) that provides a flexible framework for future development consistent with TCS’s mission and values.
- Improve the campus’s use of the outdoor environment to support outdoor learning and play opportunities.
- Research whether the present location is optimal in delivering our mission and values, and attracting enrollment.
- Develop a land use and facilities plan (Campus Master Plan).
Goal: By 2020, TCS’s yearly income will be equal to or in excess of operating expenses, utilizing a hard income model, a growing endowment, and robust fundraising.
- Develop an Office of Advancement.
- Increase Annual Fund by 5% per year and, at a minimum, triple the endowment in ways that support the mission and values of the school.
- Reduce reliance on Annual Fund in the operating expenses.
- Review and revise compensation and benefit levels for faculty with a goal of “best in class” compensation to retain and to attract excellent faculty.
- Align budget (faculty, staff, campus, operations) to desired enrollment, retention level, and strategic plan goals.
Goal: By 2020, TCS will establish comprehensive marketing initiatives to better promote Touchstone Community School within existing markets to expand TCS’s reach into new markets.
- Develop and implement a multi-year marketing plan aligned with our mission and values to promote TCS within existing and prospective markets and increase enrollment.
- Make Transformative Education and Touchstone Community School recognizable brands within a 100 mile radius.
To cultivate a joy of lifelong learning through transformative intellectual, social & emotional growth.